[news-l-16] NP02 second announcement

From: shinya.sawada@kek.jp
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 09:15:26 JST

                   2nd International Workshop
                              on
            Nuclear and Particle Physics At 50-GeV PS

                            (NP02)

                     September 27 - 29, 2002
          Kyoto University, Building 6, Faculty of Science
                          Kyoto, Japan

              Home Page: http://www-jhf.kek.jp/NP02/

                       Second Announcement
                       ===================

This is the second announcement of the International Workshop on Nuclear
and Particle Physics at 50-GeV PS. Some important information of the
workshop is included. The workshop participants should register online at
http://www-jhf.kek.jp/NP02/Docs/registration/
as soon as possible especially to accommodate your hotel selection.
After this announcement, latest information will be distributed through
e-mail and/or be available from our Web page, http://www-jhf.kek.jp/NP02/ .

If you need VISA, you need to act NOW. VISA application will be handled
by PANIC02 Local Organizing Committee. The deadline for VISA application
is August 2, 2002. Please consult VISA information page at PANIC02 web site:
http://www.rcnp.osaka-u.ac.jp/~panic02/visa/visa.html

Please note that Letters of Intent (LoI's) on Nuclear and Particle Physics
Experiment at 50 GeV PS have been called.
(http://jkj.tokai.jaeri.go.jp/pdf/NP-LOI.pdf)
The deadline of the LoI's is
December 31, 2002. We hope there will be many active discussions towards
LoI's in this workshop.

* Workshop Site
All sessions including plenary session and parallel working group
sessions are to be held in the Building 6 of Faculty of Science of Kyoto
University. Maps are available from
http://www.sclib.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ICEO/kyoto-map.htm (Kyoto City)
http://www.sclib.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ICEO/north-map.htm (North Campus)

* Registration
Participants of the workshop should register online at
http://www-jhf.kek.jp/NP02/Docs/registration/ .
The registration fee is 10,000 Japanese Yen. The payment can be done at
a later time, but should be completed by the registration deadline,
September 17, 2002. The payment is accepted ONLY in the form of credit
card or bank transfer. Please note that it will not be possible to
register for NP02 after this deadline. If you cannot use online
registration for some reason, please contact the workshop secretariat.

Once you are registered, you will receive your ID Number and Password.
You can come back to the registration page to modify and/or confirm the
registration contents, then you will be required to input ID Number
and the Password. If you have already registered for PANIC02, you can
use the same ID Number and Password to register for NP02 to avoid
re-submission of individual information.

* Contributed Talks
An abstract of the contributed talk should be submitted no later than
Friday, August 30 to np02@nh.scphys.kyoto-u.ac.jp with the following
information:
- Name: (First/Middle/Family)
- Title: (Prof./ Dr./ Mr./ Ms.)
- Affiliation:
- E-mail Address:
- Fax:
- Talk Title:
Working Group #:

* Accommodation
The online registration page will guide you to the hotel reservation
page, where all participants should make the reservation by themselves.
Rooms are reserved at the listed hotels at a special discount rate for
the workshop. Hotel Hokke Club Kyoto, Kyoto Dai-Ni Tower Hotel and Kyoto
Dai-San Tower Hotel are close to JR Kyoto Station. Hotel Sunroute Kyoto
and Kyoto Hotel Okura are located near downtown of Kyoto.

*Transportation from the International Airport to Kyoto Station and
Kyoto University

>From Kansai Airport to Kyoto Station
The easiest way to reach Kyoto from Kansai International Airport is to
take express train "Haruka" operated by JR. It runs every ~30 mins,
costs 3,490 Japanese Yen , and takes only 75 mins to JR Kyoto Station.
There is a bus service called "Airport Limousine" from the airport to
the JR Kyoto Station. It costs less (2300 Japanese Yen) and takes longer
( 95 mins to 135 mins ). The bus arrives at the South Exit (= Hachijo
Exit) of the JR Kyoto Station. You need to go to the Karasuma Exit of
the station to go to either Hotels around the station or the Bus Terminal
through the underpass.

>From Itami Airport to Kyoto Station
There is the bus service called !HAirport Limousine!I from Itami Airport
to the South Exit (= Hachijo Exit) of the JR Kyoto Station. It runs every
20-30mins, costs 1,280 Japanese Yen, and takes about 55 mins. There is a
bus ticket office just outside of the Terminal Building. The bus stop
for Kyoto is either #4 or #14
(http://www.okkbus.co.jp/eng/html/osk_kyoto.html#).
For more information on the Limo, please refer to
http://www.okkbus.co.jp/eng/frame/main.html
>From the South Exit (=Hachijo Exit) of the JR station, you need to go
to the Karasuma Exit of the station to go to either Hotels around the
station or the Bus Terminal through the underpass.

>From Kyoto Station to Kyoto University North Campus
>From the Bus Stop A2 at the Bus Terminal at Kyoto Station, take Bus
Number 17 to Kyodai Nogakubu-mae. Bus will arrive at the southern end
of North Campus.
http://www.sclib.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ICEO/north-map.htm

* Currency Exchange
We recommend exchanging your money into Japanese Yens at a Currency
Exchange counter at the Airport on your arrival. Please note that
travelers check in Japanese Yen is not very useful.

If you arrive at Narita Airport, the Currency Exchange counter is
located on either side of the exit from Custom, where you can usually
find a long line. There is an ATM of Citibank on the 1st floor in the
arrival lobby, too.

If you arrive at Kansai International Airport, the Currency Exchange
counter is located on either side of the exit from Custom. There is an
ATM of Citibank near the rightmost corner on the 1st floor in the
arrival lobby.

* VISA
Please consult VISA information page at PANIC02 web site:
http://www.rcnp.osaka-u.ac.jp/~panic02/visa/visa.html
VISA application will be handled by the PANIC Local Organizing Committee.

*Transportation from Hotels to the Workshop Site
There will be a free bus service from Hotel Sunroute Kyoto and Kyoto
Hotel Okura to the workshop site. Since other hotels, Hotel Hokke Club
Kyoto, Kyoto Dai-Ni Tower Hotel and Kyoto Dai-San Tower Hotel are close
to the bus terminal at JR Kyoto Station, there will be no free bus
service. From the Bus Stop A2 at the Bus Terminal at JR Kyoto Station,
take Bus Number 17 to Kyodai Nogakubu-mae. Bus will arrive at the southern
end of North Campus.
http://www.sclib.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ICEO/north-map.htm
It will take about 30 mins with the charge of 220 Japanese Yen.
If you take a taxi from Hotels, it costs ~2,000 Japanese Yen.

*Scientific Program
The workshop comprises invited talks in the plenary sessions and
contributed papers in a parallel working session. On the last day of the
workshop (September 29), we will have several reports from the working
groups and have a special session for discussions. In the parallel
working sessions on September 27 and 28, we will have six, tentatively,
working groups:

1) Strangeness Nuclear Physics Experiments
conveners: T. Nagae (KEK) and B. Bassalleck (U. New Mexico)
2) Nuclear/Hadron Physics Experiments
conveners: H. En'yo (RIKEN), S. Sawada (KEK) and TBA
3) Kaon Rare Decay Experiments
conveners: T. Yamanaka (Osaka), T.K. Komatsubara (KEK)
and Yau Wai Wah(Chicago)
4) Muon Rare Decay Experiments
conveners: M. Aoki (Osaka) and K. Yoshimura (KEK)
5) Neutrino Experiments,
conveners: T. Kobayashi (KEK) and K. Nishikawa (Kyoto)
6) Physics with Low Energy Anti-protons
conveners: R. Hayano (U. Tokyo) and E. Widmann (U. Tokyo)

The oral presentations in the working session will be selected by the
conveners among the contributed papers for each working group.

*Workshop Banquet
There will be a reception party on the second evening of the workshop,
September 28. You could get the detailed information in our Web page
later, or it will be announced at the workshop.

*Climate
The climate in Kyoto in September is warm, sometimes still hot. The
temperature is high around 26 degrees Celsius and low around 17degrees.
There must be many web pages on Information of Kyoto including Tourism
and Events. One of them can be found at
http://www.city.kyoto.jp/koho/index_e.html

*Correspondence
All the correspondence concerning the workshop should be addressed to
the workshop secretariat, Dr. Naohito Saito:
TEL: +81-75-753-3871
FAX: +81-75-753-3887
e-mail: np02@nh.scphys.kyoto-u.ac.jp