The 1st International Symposium on Science at J-PARC
14:00-17:45 on March 05(Wed), 2008
Mito Plaza Hotel, Mito, Ibaraki, Japan
This is the introduction to the Joint Session
for the NP08 participants.
In the afternoon of Wednesday, March 5th,
which is the first day of
the NP08 workshop,
a joint session with
the IPS08 international symposium
all the scientific topics in J-PARC including Material and
Life Science Facility is held with prominent invited speakers,
as "The 1st International Symposium on Science at J-PARC".
- Opening -
1. Opening (Shoji Nagamiya, J-PARC Director)
2. Welcome (The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology)
3. Overview of J-PARC (Shoji Nagamiya, J-PARC Director)
Session 1: Material and Life Science at J-PARC
Chairman: Andrew Taylor (Director of Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, UK)
I. "Prospects for Soft Matter and Life Science with Neutrons and Muons"
Dieter Richter (Director, Research Centre Juelich, Institute for
Solid State Research, Germany)
II. "Prospects for Material Science with Neutrons and Muons"
Yoshinori Tokura (Professor of School of Engineering, The University of Tokyo)
Session 2: Particle and Nuclear Physics at J-PARC
Chairman: Jean-Michel Poutissou (Associate Director of TRIUMF, Canada)
I. "Neutrino and Elementary Particles"
Yoji Totsuka (Director of Research Center for Science Systems, Japan Society for the Promotion
II. "Science of Quarks and Hadrons"
Robert L. Jaffe (Director of the MIT Center for Theoretical Physics, USA)
- J-PARC Center
- Science Council of Japan
- The physical Society of Japan
- The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT)
- Ibaraki Prefecture
- Society of Muon and Meson Science of Japan
- The Japanese Society for Nuetron Science
back to the top
since 2008-February-15: last updated on 2008-February-27 (Wed)