Materials and Life Science Experimental Facility (MLF) in J-PARC is pleased to announce the call for General Use Experimental Proposals (Long Term) whose beamtime allocation will start from 2017B; hereinafter referred to as Long Term Proposal.
- Pre-submission: from 13 Jan. (Fri) to 17:00 (JST) 2 Feb. (Thu) 2017
- Final-submission: from 10 Feb. (Fri) to 17:00 (JST) 30 Mar. (Thu) 2017
Any proposals without pre-submission will not be accepted as final proposals.
Please see here for the Call for 2017B MLF Long-Term Proposals.
Merits of Long Term Proposal
- Investigator can make strategy for research and development over a long term (3-years or 6-proposal rounds).
- Multi-use among neutron instruments including public BL, JAEA owners BL and KEK owners BL is allowed in a Long-Term Proposal.
(Involving muon instruments after 2018 is under consideration.)
- Liaison from MLF stuff (member of JAEA, KEK and CROSS) plays a role of sharing information and arranging sample environment and beamtime for the sake of deep cooperation between the research group and MLF.
- Interim Evaluation will be required in the second year.
- MLF calls for Long Term Proposals every year whose beamtime allocation will start from every B term.
Evaluation points for Long Term Proposal
- Appropriateness of the reason for long term strategy
- Academic significance
- Novelty and originality of research plan
- Feasibility of research plan
- Research funding to support long term project
- Potential of research team for executing academic research
- Activity for dissemination of research outcomes
Consultation of research planning
For General Questions