Materials and Life Science Experimental Facility
Missions of the MLF Division
The MLF Division performs the following activities to maximize results in fields such as materials science and life science through the use of J-PARC.
- Construction of the pulsed neutron source, pulsed muon source and neutron and muon instruments in MLF.
- Operation and maintenance of components, devices and apparatus in MLF.
- Technology development and research for maintaining and improving operational techniques and performance of instruments in MLF.
- Technical support for users to enable them to produce high quality results.
- Cutting edge scientific research and development to maximize the MLF's performance and improving the potential of the facility.