MLF School 2014
About the MLF School 2014
J-PARC is one of Japan's flagship research facilities and is unique in the world in the range and performance of accelerator-based capabilities that it provides.
Located at the heart of J-PARC is the Materials and Life Science Experimental Facility (MLF) — one of the world's leading centres for pulsed neutron and muon beam based research and the host facility for the MLF School 2014.
The MLF School is aimed at post-graduate students and early-career researchers who are interested in, but have limited or no experience with neutron and muon beam based techniques.
The School will consist of introductory lectures on neutron and muon science and the application of neutron and muon beams in research. It will also include hands-on experience using the MLF instruments and instruction in data analysis.
- 16-19 December 2014
- Ibaraki Quantum Beam Research Centre (IQBRC), Tokai, Japan
- On-site accommodation will be booked for all participants
- School Convened by
- J-PARC, CROSS and Ibaraki Prefecture
- Co-sponsored by
- The Institute of Materials Structure Science (KEK), the J-PARC MLF Users Society and the Society for the Promotion of Industrial Application of Neutrons
- Supported by
- The Japanese Society for Neutron Science, Society of Muon and Meson Science of Japan, The Iron and Steel Institute of Japan and ISSP, Univ. of Tokyo