We are pleased to announce that the 3rd J-PARC symposium (J-PARC2019) will be held on September 23-26, 2019 in Tsukuba, Japan. This is the first circular of the symposium.
The J-PARC facility started its operation of neutron beam facility in May 2008, muon facility in September 2008, hadron facility in February, 2009, and neutrino facility in April, 2009. We would like to take this opportunity to collectively discuss the results from a decade of J-PARC operation together with the achievements from relevant facilities all over the world for the future direction of the science. We also would like to celebrate the 10-th anniversary of J-PARC operation on this occasion.
The scientific program includes particle and nuclear physics, material and life science, accelerator science, target and related technologies, and R&D for nuclear transmutation. The symposium program consists of plenary, parallel, and poster sessions.
The 10th Anniversary Ceremony will be held in the afternoon of Sept. 24 at the same venue. All participants of the symposium are also welcome to the ceremony.
We are looking forward to seeing you in Tsukuba in 2019!
On behalf of the Local Organizing Committee
J-PARC Center Director
Date of the symposium
Sept. 23(Mon, Japanese holiday)
- Public lecture for general (Japanese) audience
- Registration & Ice Breaker
- Symposium (Plenary & Parallel) for full 3 days
- Optional excursion to J-PARC in Tokai village (about 60km N.E. from Tsukuba)
Tsukuba International Congress Center “EPOCHAL TSUKUBA”
You can find access information to Tsukuba in this web page too.
Japan Proton Accelerator Research Complex (J-PARC) Center
[High Energy Accelerator Research Organization (KEK) and Japan Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA)]
- Comprehensive Research Organization for Science and Society (CROSS)
- J-PARC MLF Users Society
- Industrial Users Society for Neutron Application
- J-PARC Hadron Hall Users' Association (HUA)
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
- Ibaraki Prefectural Government
- Tokai Village
- Society of Muon and Meson Science of Japan
- The Society of Polymer Science, Japan
- The Society of Fiber Science and Technology, Japan
- The Magnetics Society of Japan
- The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan
- The Crystallographic Society of Japan
- The Japan Institute of Metals and Materials
- The Japanese Society for Neutron Science
- The Society of Rubber Science and technology, Japan
- The Society of Materials Science, Japan
- The Adhesion Society of Japan
- The Ceramic Society of Japan
- The Pharmaceutical Society of Japan
- The Chemical Society of Japan
- The Iron and Steel Institute of Japan
- The Japanese Society for Synchrotron Radiation Research
- The Physical Society of Japan
- The Japanese Society for Non-Destructive Inspection
- The Japan Society of Applied Physics
- Protein Science Society of Japan
- The Biophysical Society of Japan
- Atomic Energy Society of Japan
- Japan Association of High Energy Physicists
- Nuclear Experimental Physics Forum
- Particle Accelerator Society of Japan
International Advisory Committee
Hamid Aït Abderrahim(SCK•CEN), Eckhard Elsen(CERN), Hidetoshi Fukuyama(Tokyo Sci. U.), Roland Garoby(ESS), Donald F. Geesaman(ANL), Paolo Giubellino(GSI), Akira Hasegawa(Tohoku U.), Paul Langan(ORNL), Patricia McBride(FNAL), Dan Alan Neumann(NIST), Jean-Michel Poutissou(TRIUMF), Helmut Schober(ILL), Jun Sugiyama(CROSS), Andrew Dawson Taylor(STFC), Thomas Prokscha(PSI), Robert Tribble(BNL), Jie Wei(FRIB, MSU)
Masatoshi Futakawa(J-PARC), Junji Haba(KEK), Kazuo Hasegawa(Acc., J-PARC), Tetsuro Ishii(J-PARC), Koki Uchimaru(KEK), Toshiji Kanaya(MLF, J-PARC), Takashi Kobayashi(PN, J-PARC), Takeshi Komatsubara(PN, J-PARC), Tadashi Koseki(J-PARC), Nobuhiro Kosugi(IMSS, KEK), Kenji Sudo(JAEA), Yukitoshi Miura(JAEA), Toshiyuki Momma(JAEA), Hiroyuki Oigawa(JAEA), Makoto Oka(ASRC,JAEA), Naohito Saito(J-PARC), Shin’ichi Sasaki (ARL, KEK), Masayasu Takeda(Materials Sciences Research Center, JAEA), Katsuo Tokushuku(IPNS, KEK), Seiya Yamaguchi(ACCL, KEK), Hideaki Yokomizo(CROSS), more members are being confirmed.
Local organizing committee
Naohito Saito(Chair), Yukinobu Kawakita(Sci. Sec.), Minako Abe, Kotaro Bessho, Hitoshi Endo, Takayuki Furuya, Katsuhiro Haga, Takashi Honda, Hideaki Hotchi, Atsuko Irie, Takuro Kawasaki, Takashi Kobayashi, Hiroyuki Koda, Tadashi Koseki, Fujio Maekawa, Yasuhiro.Makida, Satoshi Mihara, Yuhei Morino, Ritsuko Ota, Ken Sakashita, Ken-ichi Sasaki, Koichiro Shimomura, Jun Sugiyama, Masahito Yoshii
J-PARC 2019 Secretariat: j-parc2019_contact[at]j-parc.jp (Please replace "[at]" with "@")